India is the only country in the world in which the population of the whole world resides, here every society, people of every class live together. The history of this country is very old and there is a lot of information which is not known to everyone, we have some interesting facts about India.
1. Indian Railways is giving employment to about 1.3 lakh people. Which is much more than the population of any one country.
2. India never invaded any country in her last 100000 years of history.
3. Looking at the number of students today, The City Montessori School in Lucknow is the largest school in the world. About 45000 children study in that school.
4. When 5000 years ago many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers, Indians established the Harappan culture in the Indus Valley (Indus Valley Civilization).
5. The number of babies born every year in India is also more than Australia and other countries.
6. The name ‘India’ is derived from the Indus River, the valleys around which were home to the early settlers. The Aryan worshipers called the river Sindhu as Sindhu.
7. India has the largest number of English speaking people in the world.
8. Persian invaders made it Hindu. The name ‘Hindustan’ connects the Indus and the Hindu and thus refers to the land of the Hindus.
9. Chess was invented in India.
10. According to an estimate, about 25% of the world’s workforce will be manufactured in India from next year.
11. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus are studies that originated in India.
12. India’s first rocket was brought on a cycle and the first satellite was brought on a bullock cart.
13. The ‘place value system’ and ‘decimal system’ were developed in India in 100 BC.
14. Despite India’s budget not being powerful, the Indian space program is included in the top 5 space programs in the world.
15. The world’s first granite temple is the Brihadeeswara Temple in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. The shikhara of the temple is made from a single piece of 80 tonnes of granite. This grand temple was constructed in just five years (between 1004 AD and 1009 AD) during the reign of Rajaraja Chola.
16. Despite India’s budget not being powerful, the Indian space program is included in the top 5 space programs in the world.
17. India is the largest democracy in the world, the 7th largest country in the world, and one of the most ancient civilizations.
18. In the 2014 election, more than 54 crore people voted – which is USA, UK. More than the federal population of Australia and Japan.
19. The game of Snakes & Ladders was created by the 13th century poet saint Gyandev. It was originally called ‘Mokshapat’. In the game the ladder represented virtues and the snakes indicated demerits. The game was played with shells and dice. Over time, the game underwent many modifications, but its meaning remained the same, that is, good deeds lead people to heaven and evil to the cycle of rebirth.
20. The birth name of English artist Sir Ben Kingsley is Krishna Pandit’s niece and she is of Indian origin.
21. India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world.
22. A magnetic hill located near Leh in Ladakh in India is similar to a gravity hill. That hill easily pulls the cars towards it and helps in the uphill.
23. In order to reduce the problems of pollution, the followers of Zoroastrianism do not burn their dead bodies, but they keep them in a building named “Tower of Silence”. And after the dead body is completely dry, put it in the well.
24. Shampoo was invented in India itself.
25. By the time of British rule in the early 17th century, India was one of the richest countries. Attracted by the riches of India, Christopher Columbus came in search of a sea route to India when he accidentally discovered America.
26. Viswanathan Anand is the first player in the world to win the World Championship in three different formats, he has achieved this feat in knockout, tournament and match.
27. Bangalore, the capital of Indian technology, has increased its office supply by 6 times since 2006 and today officers from Bangalore are working in the rank of Grade-A in Singapore.
28. Bhaskaracharya rightly calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the Sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart. According to his calculation, the time taken by the Earth to orbit the Sun was 365.258756484 days.
29. India tops the list of murders (32,719 murders per year), followed by Russia (28,904 murders per year).
30. Karmanasa river is called the cursed river of India and it is said that touching its water can destroy you. People living near that river also eat only dry fruits because water is also needed for cooking.
31. Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus also originated in India. Quadratic Equations were used by Sridharacharya in the 11th century. The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Hindus used numbers as big as 10*53 (i.e. 10 to the power of 53) with specific names as early as 5000 B.C.during the Vedic period.Even today, the largest used number is Terra: 10*12(10 to the power of 12).
32. The state of Meghalaya is the state situated on the wettest part of the earth.
33. Bailey Bridge is the highest bridge in the world. It is located in the Ladakh valley between the Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayan mountains. It was built by the Indian Army in August 1982.
34. The world’s first granite temple, Brihadeshwara Temple is located in Tamil Nadu. This temple was built in only 5 years in the 11th century.
35. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient Indian medicine. Detailed knowledge of anatomy, embryology, digestion, metabolism,physiology, etiology, genetics and immunity is also found in many ancient Indian texts.
36. Former President of India Dr. A.P.J. in Switzerland on 26 May. While paying respect to Abdul Kalam, he considers that day as Science Day every year, because on the same day Dr. Kalam came to Switzerland.
37. The four religions born in India – Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, are followed by 25% of the world’s population.
38. And KFC has also added “vegetarian” food to its menu exclusively for India.
39. The largest religious building in the world is Angkor Wat, a Hindu Temple in Cambodia built at the end of the 11th century.
40. The world’s largest family lives in India. In which 1 person, 39 wives and 94 children live.
हमें खेद है कि यह पोस्ट आपके लिए उपयोगी नहीं थी!
आइए इस पोस्ट को सुधारें!
हमें बताएं कि हम इस पोस्ट को कैसे सुधार सकते हैं?